After meeting so many fabulous new blog friends at BlissDom this weekend, and realizing that I probably have a few new blog followers that have joined along these last few months, I figured it's high time I do another post to properly introduce myself!
A few things about me:
- I'm Lulu! I grew up in Boulder, was a Kappa Kappa Gamma at Arizona State University (go Devils!), and am now a wife and mom living in Wichita, Kansas with my hard working, fun-loving husband (I usually refer to him on the blog as the Mr.)
- I go by Lulu on this blog, because that's a nickname my husband has called me for some time. I'm sure that may initially confuse those of you who have met me in real life under a different name... I'm not actively trying be anonymous on The Dirty Martini Diaries, as even my former work Vice President reads the blog (hi JG!), but I guess I like that it makes me slightly less Google-able?
- I have a daughter named W, who will be 1 at the end of this week (insert standard comment about time flying too fast here). She's known on Instagram for her insane mop of hair and scrunchy-face smiles:
- We relocated here to Wichita in June 2012 for my husband's job (moving to a different state with an 8 week old baby? An adventure all on its own), and are getting used to life in the Midwest. In the past 7 years, I have lived in Phoenix, New York City, Phoenix again, and now Wichita, Kansas. Believe me, I'm still getting used to the transition of going from New York City to Wichita in 2 years' time.
- I started this blog in 2008 as a way to keep up with friends while I was living in New York City and planning my wedding. Needless to say, the content around here has changed a little bit in the past 4 years! The bottom line is that no matter the topic, I try to be honest and try not to take myself too seriously.
- I just transitioned to being a full-time stay-at-home-mom this month, and am trying to figure out exactly what that means to me. I do know that I shower more and am finally catching up on paperwork I should have done last year, so that's a good start?
- I turned 30 last year, and decided to commit to doing 101 things I've always wanted to do over the next 1,001 days. I'll be focusing a lot more on that over the coming months, because I'm having a lot of fun with it.
- I'm a firm believer that there are very few things an extra dirty martini (or 3) cannot cure.
Now, it's your turn! Please take a minute to introduce yourself and let me know where I can find more fun things about you (Blog? Twitter? Instagram?)
I look forward to connecting with you!